Monday 11 January 2010

A winter's dusk....

The sun was already dipping far beyond the hills. Lengthy shadows permeated with the cold frosty mist lay over the freshly tended plots, still speckled with dirty snow. Here and there under the belly of the sky, heavy with clouds, you could see a few rosy streaks of sunlight, their rays highlighting the City in the distance and the sparkles of ice by your feet. The wind, laden with the smells of thawing earth, of sweet compost and the sound of pheasants and cows, cut through you like a blade of ice, chilling your very bones. The ground below your frozen toes is unyielding....it's time to go home. The allotments are sleeping.


Nothing much to report about the plots these days my friends. But I continue to grow; I as a person I feel I am growing all the time. Andrew is my soil, my light, my water and with him I grow. The seeds of love, of hope can not be stunted, will never wither if we are as one.

Happy anniversary darling x

*sorry for my lack of communication in the blogosphere - I am just so very tired*

12 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary. Let it grow, come sun, rain or snow.... ~bangchik

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carrie You have such a lovely way with words.

    Yes I agree it is time to let the garden/allotment sleep for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary Carrie and Andrew xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that's beautiful. Congratulations on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. rosemary xx Pearl on growveg.info12 January 2010 at 10:17

    awwww this makes me feel warm and fuzzy :D have a good day :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary Carrie and Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! A very happy, if belated, anniversary! Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Carrie and Andrew.
    Have a fine old time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary! Lovely writing in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, thank you everyone of your sweet words - you have lit up a dark patch in day heart this week x
    Andrew and I had a nice wee night in and the packing got started - less than 2 weeks before we leave this, our home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Carrie, I missed this post, so a belated Happy Anniversary. I hope you wont feel too sad leaving your sweet home. Where will you stay whilst the new one is being built ?
    Happy packing.
    maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Maureen. We are moving in with Andrew's Mommy in less than 2 weeks for around 6 months! Hope it all goes okay x Luckily I'll still have internet access and can blog away. Happy Packing!!! Nightmare, hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a little nugget of happiness in the form of a comment - don't forget to put your name at the end if using 'anonymous' setting x